Re: Re: How to suppress the annoying warning message for gmc??

I haven't run across an administrative task that could only be run when I was
logged in as root, instead of su-ing and running the app. I can su to root and
run linuxconf, redhat's control-panel, or my favorite administrative tool,
emacs :-).  And if you're so lazy that you can't use a terminal window to do
this, then expect people to warn you that what you're doing isn't the best
idea, because it's not.

Also if you don't like the idea of a terminal window you can create a launcher
that runs "su -c your_app_here" and check run in a terminal so you get a
terminal window popping up asking for the root password and then running your
admin app for you.  This is what i used to do with helix-update before it was
able to prompt you.

--mike messmore