gmc geometry.

I'm trying to make gmc come up with a larger window by default.
According to gmc a line like:

gmc --geometry=100x500

ought to make a 100 by 500 pixel window, but it doesn't unless I
misunderstand the notion of geometry.  I'm guessing at the syntax for
the 100x500 part since the gmc usage statement doesn't give it
explicitly.  Can somebody shed some light on this topic?

Albert

--
Albert Schueller                                 Department of Mathematics
Office Phone:  509-527-5140                      Whitman College