Re: GMC ignoring user mime info

Daniel Lyddy <daniell@cs.berkeley.edu> [000812 19:04]:
> > Sorry if I'm beating this to death, but where is this locale information
> > set?

Actually one thing that KDE did really well was allow multiple bindings
to the same mime type.  One was the default, the others available
by right clicking on the file within kfm.

Is there a way to do this with gmc ?

The other thing I would really like to see is a way of specifying
a preferred locale *LIST*, especially for finding doco, message
strings.  (Allowed languages in Netscape is a good example of
how I think it should work).  Thus if I have a setting
LC_LANG_PREF_ORDER of "en_AU,en_NZ,en,en_GB,en_US,en_ZA,C,de,zh,*"
then THAT is the search order for doco with the "default" symlink
chosen before the list search, and the * meaning "just look in
the possible directories and if swahili is all you've got, then
give that to me".

Help in a foreign language is better than NO help.  (How many
times have I had to open german doco by hand and then go
berzerk using "ding"??)

BTW, I really hope that the date entry widget will respect locales
soon, or at least use an alpha format for month to remove
ambiguity.
--
David T. Bath bathd@edipost.auspost.com.au
+613 9204 8713 (W) 0418 316 634 (Mbl)