Re: GMC ignoring user mime info

Juergen Salk wrote:

> * Daniel Lyddy <daniell@cs.berkeley.edu> [000811 20:01]:
> > Jürgen Salk wrote:
>
> > > If I recall correctly, each time you fiddle with mime types via
> > > gnome control center it puts those [...] stuff back, unless locales
> > > are set to "C" or "Posix".
>
> > This sounds like it's on the right track.  Where do you set locale
> > information, is it something in gdm's config file?  I will go take a
> > look and see if there's anything relevant in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf.
>
> Can't tell you how to set locales with gdm. My default runlevel
> does not start X, so there is no need for me to use it.
> Anyway, I've just checked that mime types via control center
> works fine with POSIX locales:
>
> | juergen@anna:~/.gnome/mime-info > locale
> | LANG=POSIX
> | LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
> | LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
> | LC_TIME="POSIX"
> | LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
> | LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
> | LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
> | LC_ALL=
>
> Regards - Juergen.

Jurgen:

Sorry if I'm beating this to death, but where is this locale information
set?  My "locale" command produces output similar to above, only with
"en" in place of "POSIX" everywhere.  Typing "locale -a" reveals that
"POSIX" is an available locale.  Is there a command I'm supposed to put
in a script file somewhere (or a config file I'm supposed to edit) to
change my default locale from "en" to "POSIX"?

I have no such entry in my GNOME control-center menus, but this sounds
like it's independent of GNOME and X.

Thanks,
Dan
--
Daniel Lyddy		daniell@cs.berkeley.edu
California PATH/UC Berkeley Vision Group
Richmond Field Station, Building 452
1357 S. 46th St, Richmond, CA 94804-4698
tel: +1 (510) 231-5659  fax: +1 (510) 231-5600
url: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daniell
begin:vcard
n:Lyddy;Daniel
tel;fax:(+1) 510-231-5600
tel;work:(+1) 510-231-5659
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daniell
org:UC-Berkeley/California PATH;ViVE Lab/ATMIS Group
version:2.1
email;internet:daniell@cs.berkeley.edu
title:MSEE
adr;quoted-printable:;;Richmond Field Station=0D=0ABuilding 452=0D=0A1357 S. 46th St;Richmond;CA;94804-4698;USA
x-mozilla-cpt:;-8480
fn:Daniel Lyddy
end:vcard