Re: Modem lights Applet

Subba Rao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using modems lights applet in my panel. The applet can start
> up my dial-up (ppp-on) script. However, the applet does not show the connect
> time and throughput. How do I get this applet to show these variables?

I assume you have set up the correct modem lock file?  It come set by
default on my system but I had to change it to /var/lock/LCK..ttyS1

Your millage might vary...

As to the starting and stopping I have my pppd always running  and set
ti to demand dial, that way none of the users need to bother with it,
when they start netscape or another internt task it just dials, after a
set idle time it hangs up again...  pretty cool, you can have scripts
run every time it goes on or off line.  I have one that checks for mail
every time I dial up and another that starts a cron job to check it
again every 15 mins while on line...

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss