Re: Searchable archive of this mailing list? -- yes.

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 12:12:36AM -0400 or thereabouts, Mark Gray wrote:
> Aaron Ginn <aaron.ginn@motorola.com> writes:
> > Andy Tai wrote:
> > >
> > > You may want to try google.  It seems to index the GNOME mailing lists.
> > > I can usually find postings related to (say) GTK programming problems
> > > through google.
> >
> > I use google quite a bit.  In fact that's what I have been using to
> > search the archives since I couldn't find a better solution.  Oh well.
>
> I just downloaded all the prior postings from the archive (this group
> and all the other gnome related groups) -- grep is better than any web
> search engine I have seen.
> 16megs gzip'ped but worth it.

Dear gods.

I do agree that grep is wonderful, but um. Well. The following is
simpler:

Searchable archive at http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/Gnome/

Owen (I think) was looking at creating a searchable archive on the
.gnome.org machines, but until he does, the geocrawler one is what
you want. It's got several lists covered.

Telsa, who doesn't have a clue about the "Gnumeric won't start"
problem. Sorry!