Re: Searchable archive of this mailing list? Gnumeric won't start.

Aaron Ginn <aaron.ginn@motorola.com> writes:

> Andy Tai wrote:
> >
> > You may want to try google.  It seems to index the GNOME mailing lists.
> > I can usually find postings related to (say) GTK programming problems
> > through google.
>
> I use google quite a bit.  In fact that's what I have been using to
> search the archives since I couldn't find a better solution.  Oh well.

I just downloaded all the prior postings from the archive (this group
and all the other gnome related groups) -- grep is better than any web
search engine I have seen.

/tmp/markgray $ du ~/Mail/gnome/old
16632   /home/markgray/Mail/gnome/old
/tmp/markgray $