RE: missing bonobo library?

--------------Replied message--------------
Date: 14 Aug 2000 11:15:58 +0200
From: Jon K Hellan <hellan@acm.org>
To: wege34@zonnet.nl
Subject: missing bonobo library?

> I've gotten around to compiling enough to get a working desktop,
> and I must say *it's great!*, but I have trouble compiling libglade
> and gnumeric. Both fail to compile giving a 'Unknown library:
> bonobo' error. Obviously I don't have the bonobo libraries, so
> where can I find them, or am I doing something wrong?

Did you run configure before make? configure should discover that you
don't have bonobo, and make correct makefiles for that configuration.

Not having bonobo is the normal case, and both libglade and gnumeric
run without it.

Regards

Jon Kåre
Thanks for the answer. I did run configure, it did give me a
warning about bonobo not being there. I know that bonobo is not
*essential*  so I went ahead and did 'make'. That's when I got the
compile error. I've looked through all the options in configure, and
I can't figure out the way to disable bonobo support, so I figured I'd
try to find this library somewhere and install it.
Thanks anyway,

Mart van de Wege