Re: questions

> Hello my name is Giovanni Tommaseo,
> a month ago I installed the SuSE 6.4 linux on my computer (I was just
> the time for me to get rid of windows).
> Now I downloaded from a mirror site the Helix Gnome 1.2 (I took the rpm
> files for suse linux 6.4 and the latest installer).
> Now I want to ask in which directory should I put the files without
> damaging my linux.

It doesn't matter, where you place the downloaded *.rpm packages.
The helix installer is responsible for unpacking the files and
installing them where they belong (probably below /opt/gnome).
However, I'm somewhat suspicious about this helix installer program,
because it makes me feel like loosing control over what's happening
to my system.
Once I tried helix installer to install Helix Gnome 1.2 from scratch
on a SuSE 6.3 system and it silently missed essential packages like
gnome-core and others.
As far as I understand, the helix installer is nothing
but an rpm frontend for the Helix Gnome packages. So I'd give it a
miss and use pure rpm (something like "rpm -i ...") instead.

Best regards - Juergen