feedback

Hi,
I installed sawmill together with helix gnome, on top of a mandrake7, and
I report some things, asking for help if it exists some. If there is an
archive where all these questions have been answered, please let me know.
(don't know if it is bugs or not, nor if it is relevant for sawmill or
gnome)

First, gnome loads some stuff with sawmill last, but I have to click on
the screen to open the session and this is quite slow. I think, it would
be better if it displayed the hint immediately, and then the desktop,
without having need to click on the logo window nor to close the hint
window.

Second, when I first opened the gnome config center, there was no way of
choosing sawmill as WM, although (I think) it was the one running, and I
had to add it.
(note that  I hadn't installed sawmill-gnome at that time. I dunno if the
same  problem would have arised if sawmill-gnome had been installed at
that time).

Another things I think aren't fine, is that
I have a panel on the top of the screen, from which I can't change
properties, and also
the panels are either always masking the windows, or always under the
windows. It would be good (IMO), that, for a panel under the other
windows, a click on it would raise it on the top of the other windows.

I also think that it would be good if there was some help about the gnome
session and the management of the session, a way to set properties other
than to modify the session file.
Is it possible for example to have different sessions and load one or the
other, at want ?

I have another problem, that is that the working directory for almost
everything was incorrectely set the first time I ran gnome, and I don't
see an easy way to change it. I think it would be good if it was possible
to change it from the gnome config center.

I also have a lot of windows without title.
This could be related to the fact that I always have the following error
messages :
Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Gdk-WARNING **: can not set locale modifiers

GnomeUI-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL

Pat