Re: Proposal for application menu organization (Was Re: Help requested: more .desktop files.)

Brian Kimball <bfk@footbag.org> writes:

> If this is actually going to be done (doubtful), I say leech off of
> Debian's menu system.  It looks like it is very well thought out, and
> it's obviously fairly scalable given Debian has > 4000 packages, many of
> them with menu entries.

I second, but what about the static menues in GNOME? I can't see all
of the entries in let's say Apps/Tools, even not in 1024x768 (and not
everyone has the monitor/eyes for such a high resolution.

Something like WindowMakers scrolling menues would be great.

Greetings,
joachim