Re: DISPLAY environment variable

On Wednesday, April 05, 2000 11:07 AM +0400, Alexander Koptelov
<steve@kazbek.ispras.ru> wrote:
+-----
| BTW, not only esound confused with ``unix:0.0''. xmms and mpg123 unlike
| this too. May be it's common problem of sound applications ? ;)
+--->8

I bet you'll find that both xmms and mpg123 detected esound and are using
the esound libraries, which have that "parse the hostname in $DISPLAY to
get the esd host" behavior.

--
brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]    allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]          allbery@ece.cmu.edu