Panel and Menu Icons Missing

Hi Everyone,

I know that this issue has been addressed before in this
list.  Unfortunately, I don't know what time frame in which it was dealt
with so I don't know where to look in the list archive for the solution.

I have had to recompile GNOME on my Solaris 2.6 system.  Now when I launch
gnome-session from the dt login, my menue icons and other panel icons
(e.g., the foot) no longer appear.  The weird thing is that the icons in
the QuickLaunch applet that I had running before the re-compile seem to
show up but nothing else does.  Not even the mail check applet icon shows
up.

Can anyone tell me what I might have forgotten to include when
re-compiling GNOME and which package I may have forgotten it in?

Thanks in advance.

Bidemi Temidire