Re: gtk trouble

Are you sure you have the gtk-devel packages installed?  If you have the
plain installation then you just got the runtime parts. Install the gtk and
gnome devel packages from the RH cdrom or get the updated versions from
Helixcode.com.

In any case there shouldn't be the need to set environment variables.

Christian