Re: compiling

> In trying to configure gnome-libs, there's a dependency on libdb.  I
> looked through some of the archive mail and there's a pointer to the
> Berkeley sleepycat libdb.  I tried this but I don't think this is the
> right library.  For starters, sleepycat has db_open() instead of
> dbopen() which is what the configure script is looking for.

Did you specify the --enable-compat185, as specified on the Web page ?
(http://www.clanger9.demon.co.uk/computer/gnome/)

> Even better, has someone compiled gnome for sparc/solaris 7?

Yep, works fine ! But I was lucky, there were already plenty of GNU tools
installed, so the dependancy list was shorter for me ! ;-)

> Then I just saw Andy Kahn's message and now I'm worried that the ftp
> site is out of date...  Anyone have a suggestion on how to get gnome up
> and running to play with in the least amount of hassle, or should I just
> wait a few months?

Not _that_ out of date ! Well, I never use the latest/ directory, but have a
python script that loops over the package subdirectories to check what's
new...

Frédéric