Re: Memory leaks maybe netscape

* Georges-Henry PORTEFAIT (chewbee@cybercable.fr) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using GNOME on a SUSE  system (pentium II  Mb of RAM)

Only 11 Mb of RAM?
Or is that 2Mb or RAM in roman numerals?
;-)

> I noticed that each time I close netscape ( I.e end the application
> ) a bit of memory is no longer avalaible. Which means that even if
> the process is terminated the memory is kind of lost forever. Not
> quite if I end the gnome session and then leave the X server I'll
> get my memory back.

How much memory, and which application is growing?

Top is your friend.

Run top, set update speed to 1 (press s 1) and sort by memory (shift
m) and watch. When you open and close netscape, which application
grows without shrinking again?

Tom.
--
    .^.     | Tom Gilbert, England | tom@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk |