Re: Fatal error starting Gnome.
- From: Elliot Lee <sopwith redhat com>
- To: Rooster <rooster seaforn dircon co uk>
- cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, gnome-list <gnome-list gnome org>, recipient list not shown: ;
- Subject: Re: Fatal error starting Gnome.
- Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 23:37:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Rooster wrote:
> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
> 0x404b8238 in main_arena ()
> (gdb) cont
The program is jumping into the place where code is usually mapped, but
it's past the boundary of existing stuff. The output of a 'where' at this
point would be very enlightening.
> The relevant (?) packages are:
> gnome-libs 1.0.16
> gnome-core 1.0.9
> ORBit 0.4.93
You really should get newer versions. These are pretty old.
> All compiled with GCC 2.95.1 against glibc 2.1.1 and XFree 3.3.4
And gcc 2.95.* does not exactly help stability either.
-- Elliot http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.
] [Thread Prev