Re: Whatever became of gtkGL, gtkglarea, etc?

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Peter Wainwright wrote:

> I need an OpenGL(TM) drawing area widget for my work (a finite element
> program). I have been using gtkglarea, and I know there is also a gtkGL
> package which is still available on CVS but apparently hasn't been updated
> in ages.
>
> But neither of these is referenced in the Gnome software map, as far as
> I can see. They must have been there once or how did I find them
> originally? What is the current 'official' way of getting OpenGL/Mesa
> bindings in Gnome?

Last I heard, gtkglarea was "the" one to use.

The gtkGL in CVS is my hack of an old gtkGL version to turn it into a
proper GtkWidget. Not recommended for use due to the existence of the
well-maintained gtkglarea with a sane API (personal tastes
notwithstanding).

-- Elliot
$400 million in gold bullion Semtex genetic munitions Delta Force
Ft. Meade cryptographic smuggle SEAL Team 6 quiche class struggle
counter-intelligence plutonium nuclear North Korea