Re: Whatever became of gtkGL, gtkglarea, etc?

On 23-Sep-99 Elliot Lee wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Peter Wainwright wrote:

        [snip]

>> But neither of these is referenced in the Gnome software map, as far as
>> I can see. They must have been there once or how did I find them
>> originally? What is the current 'official' way of getting OpenGL/Mesa
>> bindings in Gnome?

        The home page for gtkglarea was:

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~jlof/gtkglarea/

        It may still be valid, but I'm getting a "no response"
error from that site. I'd suggest checking the GTK software map
if this URL doesn't work. I needed gtkglarea to compile a
diagnostic program called "xtraceroute". It compiled OK on both
HP-UX 10.20 and Linux 2.2.

> Last I heard, gtkglarea was "the" one to use.
>
> The gtkGL in CVS is my hack of an old gtkGL version to turn it into a
> proper GtkWidget. Not recommended for use due to the existence of the
> well-maintained gtkglarea with a sane API (personal tastes
> notwithstanding).

        "No response" errors from the website notwithstanding,
this is my understanding, also.

Date: 23-Sep-99  Time: 11:13:36

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor