Re: gdm2 beta 2 won't log me in if I double-click on a user

Martin Kasper Petersen wrote:

> Dan> 1) Can't log in by double-clicking on user icon
>
> Fixed in my devel tree.

Thanks for the quick response.  Glad to hear it's fixed (can't wait to get
it!).

> Dan> 2) gdm2 hangs if the login fails more than once
>
> Haven't heard of this one before. Will investigate.

There's probably more to it than that, too.  I'll have to try some things to
see if I can figure out how exactly to reproduce it, because I know my
description isn't too good.  I think it has something to do with first trying
to use the icon to select user name, but without more testing it's hard to say
for certain.

> Dan> 3) I want to verify that there should be 2 gdm processes.  I
> Dan>    wonder since others have posted that things seem to get
> Dan>    started twice.
>
> Yes, there should be two gdm processes. The master daemon and a slave
> process for each display managed.

Have you found the problem others have been reporting about processes in the
Init scripts being started twice?  This is what prompted my question about
gdm.  I haven't really checked so see if startup processes on my system get
started twice, but I'll take a look at that when I get a chance.

Thanks,
Dan