Re: ps/tt fonts in gnome apps
- From: Cody Russell <bratsche dfw net>
- To: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- cc: Nathan Clegg <nathan islanddata com>, gnome-list gnome org, recipient list not shown: ;
- Subject: Re: ps/tt fonts in gnome apps
- Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:11:22 -0500 (CDT)
If you write an app that loads TT fonts and displays them in a canvas
(using bpaths or whatever) that would not be hard to print would it?
On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Because those fonts are being converted to X fonts on-the-fly via an X
> server (I assume), and there is no way to ask X for the printable version
> of a font. Thus you can't use X fonts for any application that wants to
> Yes, this aspect of X sucks a lot.
> Gnumeric and AbiWord (in two different ways) install their own set of
> fonts with a known X-font/printable-font mapping so they can both display
> and print the font.
> FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq
> To unsubscribe: mail email@example.com with
> "unsubscribe" as the Subject.
] [Thread Prev