Re: How does swallowed apps work?

Andreas Buesching wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Eduardo Silva wrote:
> >For example, I wanted to put a xterm in the panel. I created the swallowed app,
> >chose xterm. After the rectangle appeared on the panel, I oppened an xterm,
> >which took the size of it.
> >I removed the rectangle. And then did all this again, but the same happened.
> >Well, once it worked, but I don't remember what the
> >combination was.
> >Could anyone tell me what is the combination of actions to take,
> >and why do we need to take all these actions(is it a bug)?
>
> I've asked a question like that before. Someone told me, that's an bug
> of enlightenment (someone talked about IceWM). It seems, that the panel
> tries to reparent the windows for swallowing in a way that not all
> window manager like.

ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh, not that loud!
The E guys could listen!!!!!  :-)

I'm on their mailing list too, and looks like they have the opinion that
this is not really a bug of E, but one of gnome, or more specific of the panel.

Or would you like it as a good daddy (read window manager) when some
nasty guy who calls himself the 'nice uncle' ( read the panel) wants to steal
your beloved babies ( read windows).  :-)

I don't think so!!!!

But from a more distant point of view, as an user of it ( read society???? ),
it would be really cool if it worked. Cause some of those babies would be bether
off with the nice uncle than with the daddy!!!!

Jeeeeees, all those cool wm dockapps in the panel would really rule!!!!!!!

remo

PS sorry for this unorthodox mail, but just came back home from yesterdays
'going out' and probably there must be some alcohol left somewhere in my body :-)