Re: "Can't run capplets" error coincides with "Cant save windowmanager" error

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, Paul Johnson wrote:

> I've announced in here (and to the gnome bug list) that problem that I
> can't start capplets from the foot menu, but I can run gnomecc from an
> xterm.

There was a problem with starting one of the capplets individually, which
is fixed in the gnomecc I'm using. If you run the capplets individually
from an xterm, do you get any error messages?

> Then people started announcing that they could not get gnome to save
> their window manager

This problem is fixed in CVS.

If those are the only bugs you're having, we're in good shape. :)

> (most people are window maker users)

(I must not know most people, then. :)

> Today I've contacted 3 people who had one problem or the other and it
> seems they all have both problems.
>
> Isn't it starting to sound like an ORBit issue?  I'm no expert, but I
> wonder.

What does ORBit have to do with this? You could just as easily blame the
problem on the kernel, or the hardware. :)

-- Elliot
Ortega munitions Albanian security colonel terrorist Honduras SEAL
Team 6 explosion Mossad supercomputer Marxist Rule Psix quiche nuclear