"Can't run capplets" error coincides with "Cant save window manager" error

I've announced in here (and to the gnome bug list) that problem that I
can't start capplets from the foot menu, but I can run gnomecc from an
xterm.

Then people started announcing that they could not get gnome to save
their window manager (most people are window maker users), I realized I
had that same problem. Every time I start gnome, it says either I have
no gnome compliant window manager and then it starts window maker or it
starts enlightenment.

Today I've contacted 3 people who had one problem or the other and it
seems they all have both problems.

Isn't it starting to sound like an ORBit issue?  I'm no expert, but I
wonder.
--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn@ukans.edu