Re: Cant set windowmaker as default manager

You might want to try setting:
export WINDOW_MANAGER=wmaker
in your .bash_profile or the like for another shell.
This might help.

Someone gave me these sites that might help further integrate window maker
with gnome:
http://www.clanger9.demon.co.uk/computer/gnome/windowmaker.html

http://doors.cybertrails.com/gnomemaker/snap/index.html

chris