Gnomeicu.0.65 sound events?

    I'm a newbie to linux, using Redhat6.0...
Downloaded the rpm of gnomeicu 0.65 version and I really like the way it runs and looks at this point.
However, I'm not getting any sound events just a beep. Heres a list of the simple/basic things I've already done.

1.  In gnomeicu I've gone into "options/sound " click on event sound and save and close..
2.  In gnome "configuration tool"  Enable gnome sound support and sound for events.
     Then, click on sound events tab, scroll all the way down to "Gnomeicu"
     click on a various different wave files listed and each time I got an error message saying.
     "The sound file for this event does not exist."
     "You may want to install the gnome-audio package for a set of default sounds."
3.  Of course, I went into gnorpm and went through the process of installing the reguired package
     and learned it was already installed, but, I went ahead and reinstalled anyway.
4.  STILL no sound events in gnomeicu!!!
5.  Is this a complile issue? If so, as newbie thats gonna be a problem.
     Should I downloading the tar.gz file and complile?
     As far as compliling is concerned I currently know the following;
     untar, cd into directory, ./configure, make, make install...
    If theres anything that I need to type at the time I initate ./configure to make the sound events work.
    This where I need to understand what to cleary type in at that time.
    Sorry I'm a newbie and at this point baby steps are essential.
6.  In comparision to others, I really like gnomeicu better...
7.  HELP ME, PLEASE! (lol)