Suggestions for Thesis work

Hi everyone,

I'm entering my last year (finally!) of university, and I am investigating
topics to do my undergrad thesis work on.  I was thinking: wouldn't it be
nice if I could get my thesis credit doing work that I could give to the
free software community?

So, I'm asking you guys for suggestions.  I know a lot of you have done this
kind of work, so I'm sure you know the criteria.  It must be thesis
material, not just a simple project.  For instance, "write some software
XYZ" probably isn't good enough, unless XYZ is sufficiently academic.  At
the same time, it must be feasible.  (This is probably the hardest
requirement to guage.) If I cannot complete it in 6 months of part-time
work, I won't attempt it.

In particular, I'd like to do some work with CORBA and perhaps Bonobo.  I
think it would be easy to sell my supervisors on these topics, especially
CORBA since it's quite prevalent in academia.

Thanks for any suggestions you may give.

Regards,
Jason.