gtk/glib 1.2.4 (was: New RPMs)

Alexander Volovics said once upon a time (Sat, 4 Sep 1999):

> But these are not the only changes on gurulabs. Instead of
>
> glib-1.2.4-1
> glib-devel-1.2.4-1
> gtk+-1.2.4-1
> gtk+-devel-1.2.4-1
>
> which were posted yesterday, now are only to be found:
>
> glib-1.2.3-1
> glib-devel-1.2.3-1
> gtk+-1.2.3-1
> gtk+-devel-1.2.3-1

Regarding the RH patches to GNOME, I'm my view (non-RH employee etc, etc)
most of the RH patches that provided bug fixes have been rolled into the
software.  The remaining patches provide RH specific tweeks, and better
integration with RH.  If you use RedHat, I would recommend sticking with
"RedHatified" RPMs.

Although I had no problems with glib/gtk 1.2.4 (and I'm currently running
them on several boxes), I received this email from Owen Taylor.