Re: gmc wishlist v1.0

> 2. Make the right window update whenever a directory is selected in
> the left pane of gmc

It does it for me.  gmc 4.5.38.

> 3.  When you have a symbolic link to a directory on your desktop (to,
> say, your home directory), when you double-click that symlink the path

Well, this is the way symlinks work at a level below gmc.  The only
way to get around this would be to implement some higher level shortcut
in gmc.  I agree, though, cosmetically it's annoying to see
/home/user/.gnome-dsektop/Home when I know I'm really at /home/user.

> 4.  In gmc you should be able to press [esc] or [F5] or something to
> rescan the current directory.

CTRL-R

> 5.  In gmc it would be nice if pressing a single key, say, the [p] key
> would take you to the files starting with "p" in that

There was a thread a while back hashing this out.  I think the conclusion
was that it's bad UI design.  I rather like this behaviour too, but you
can always use CTRL-S.

> 6.  Why, oh why, can we not simply right-drag an icon somewhere and
> choose from a list of actions such as...  "symlink here, copy here,
> move here, cancel"?  I know we do not like windose, but some of the

Middle-click drag.

> task/applet bar be so difficult to rearrange?  Why can I not simply
> use this grafical interface to drag-and-drop(tm) things into and out
> of my menu?  I mean, it is not arranged at all the way I would do

You can.  Middle-click drag.  You can even drag between panels.

Cheers,
Jason.