Re: Panel-applets trouble.

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 09:43:14AM -0700, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:

> Did you upgrade by RPM or by source tar balls?  I've done it by source
> tarballs and I've had no problems.

I always compile from tarballs, although I do so by using rpm -tb/-ta, which
is actually even more usefull than to just make it from scratch without any
package-system. It's a lot easier to maintain the different gnome components
that way, so that's the way I prefer to do it, it's clean and easy. (usually)
(I even do it that way with the gnome and E CVS-sources).

Anyway, I managed to fix my problems by hacking the .spec-files slightly, and
everything works fine again now.

Thank you again for all your help folks.