Re: Smaller Icons in panel

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Michael Stearne wrote:

> I just got the latest rpms from Dax and had a question.  Is there
> anyway to make the Gnome foot menu in the panel 24x24 instead of
> 48x48. Basically I run gnome on a 800x600 laptop display and the icons
> are too big.  I don't like the 48x48 icons.  I tryed to resize the
> /usr/share/pixmaps/gnome-logo-transparent.png image and it made it
> smaller.  But the icon are still takes up 48x48 pixels.  Is there any
> way to get the "taskbar"(panel) for gnome to be smaller without using
> auto hide? Just about 24 pixels high?

The panel in the "HEAD" CVS branch supports variable panel sizes, but
right now we are concentrating on fixing the bugs in the gnome-core-1-0
branch, so that's why the rpms do not have this feature.

Once we have a bug-free (hah!) release out, I'm sure there will be rpm's
available for the CVS "HEAD". For now, we want people to stress-test the
stuff for stability, and let us know of any bugs that need fixing.

Thanks,
-- Elliot
The time for action is past! Now is the time for senseless bickering!