Re: Gnumeric undo

> The best "undo" implementation I've seen is in OS/2's EPM editor,
> which had a sliding undo bar - you can move it along, and
> progressively return to the original document. This is *much* better
> than Excel's slightly clunky Undo/Redo, IMHO.

How about saving the changes to the file? By doing so, one could open a
file and still have the possibility to undo the recent actions.

>From what I understand, an action in gnumeric like changing a cell
content or a color will change the internal file. How about comparing
the "internal" file with the file on the hard disk with something like
"diff" and write the differences to the end of the external file. By
doing so, you would immediately have your file constantly saved and also
your changes would constantly saved.

Well it's just an idea.

I like gnumeric. It's a great piece of software!

Greetings

Olaf