Re: Gnumeric undo

On Mon, Aug 30, 1999 at 09:57:09AM +0200, Olaf Gr|ttner wrote:

> > The best "undo" implementation I've seen is in OS/2's EPM editor,
> > which had a sliding undo bar - you can move it along, and
> > progressively return to the original document. This is *much* better
> > than Excel's slightly clunky Undo/Redo, IMHO.
>
> How about saving the changes to the file? By doing so, one could open a
> file and still have the possibility to undo the recent actions.

One version of Word did something like that by accident, I think.
(Or at least looking at it with an hex editor revealed all kinds of
details.)
Are you sure you want the person that gets your document to see what
mistakes and changes you made? (Not when you apply for a job and tend
to only change the company name ;))

[...]
> I like gnumeric. It's a great piece of software!

I like it too. And I think the thing it misses most is an undo/redo
function. One thing I like about MS Office is that you can try things
out and always have undo for when things don't work as expected.

Ronald