cant close gnome-terminal

I am using gnome as it came with the SUSE 6.2 distribution. A few days ago
I have forcefully terminated my gnome session with ctrl+alt+backspace.
Since then the behaviour of my gnome session has changed: when I use
gnome-terminal and I do a logout/exit, the terminal window doesnt close
anymore.

I removed the .gnome/session file, which only temporarily removed the
problem. It always comes back after I manually re-configured the old
settings.

FYI: I am starting gnome with 'exec gnome-session' as the last line in my
.xinitrc file, and I am using enlightenment as my window manager.
I have noticed that when I dont use a display manager, but start gnome
just with 'startx' the gnome-terminal window does close.

Any ideas why this happens and how to avoid it ?

Cheers

Go:)tz

=     Dr. Goetz Golla                   Internet: golla@genua.de  =
=     Gesellschaft fuer Netzwerk- und   Tel: +49 (89) 991950-0    =
=     Unix-Administation mbH            Fax.: +49 (89) 991950-99  =
=     85551 Kirchheim b. Muenchen       Germany                   =