Re: Select and Paste

James Henstridge wrote:

> gnome terminal uses the standard X selection mechanism.  Just select the
> text with the left mouse button, and use middle click to paste it where
> you want it (note that pasting into a terminal will paste at the insertion
> point rather than where you middle clicked).

Yes  this is obvious. It was not really want I was asking. What I want
to know is, if it is possible to write to the clipboard. The select with
the mouse is okay for certain thnigs but sometimes it is better to copy
to the clipboard and then paste later. I cannot work out how to do this
with GNOME apps. for axample on netscape you use alt/c and alt/v under
solaris to select or paste. Are there any equivs for GNOME apps. The
normal short cuts do not work. Or is this an oversiight?

Dave

--
Email: mailto:grindrod@ihug.co.nz
HTML Home Page: http://www.NMR.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/grindrod/