Re: GNOME on SuSE 6.x

Nils Holland wrote:

> Hi folks,
> I´m still having a problem adding applets to the GNOME-panel on both a
> SuSE 6.0 and a 6.2 system. In order to find a solution to that problem,
> I urge everybody who has GNOME (newest version) installed from TARBALLS
> on a SuSE 6.x system.
> If you´re one of these people: Is everything working fine? If yes, what
> did you do? If not, you can join me on the search for the solution ;-)

Hi!
Im running October gnome, compiled from tarballs, on a SuSE 6.2 without
problems. Also, earlier gnome versions didn't have unusual problems. I
also compiled the new gtk from tarballs without trouble.
AFAIK I haven't done anything unusual: rpm -e oldstuff, then compile in
the order given in docs
--

Mario

Linux: The choice of a GNU generation