Re: GNOME on SuSE 6.x

HpG wrote:

> I am running october-GNOME (and older ones) on a
> SuSE 6.1 System, without much problems.
> (compiled them by my self from tar: 'rpm -tb pack.tar.gz'
> Where did you install gnome and dependant packages?

I tried installing GNOME this way on SuSE 6.2 and IT WORKS! In fact, I
can now use the applets that can be added to the panel. Thanks for your
help!

Right now I wonder what´s the best way to get it working on my SuSE 6.0
system. Can I install the RPMS created on my SuSE 6.2 system on 6.0? Or
do I have to create the packages again, especially for (and on) 6.0? I´m
just wondering about that, since SuSE 6.2 comes with GLIBC 2.1 and SuSE
6.0 comes with 2.0 (correct). Does that mean that the packages created
on my 6.2 system cannot be used on 6.0?

Again,thanks,
Nils