GNOME on SuSE 6.x

Hi folks,
I´m still having a problem adding applets to the GNOME-panel on both a
SuSE 6.0 and a 6.2 system. In order to find a solution to that problem,
I urge everybody who has GNOME (newest version) installed from TARBALLS
on a SuSE 6.x system.
If you´re one of these people: Is everything working fine? If yes, what
did you do? If not, you can join me on the search for the solution ;-)

Maybe even someone using GNOME on something else than SuSE 6.x knows the
answer.

BTW, if it helps, here´s the error message I keep getting when I try to
start an applet from an xterm again:

"** CRITICAL **: file applet-widget.c: line 668
(gnome_panel_applet_corba_init):
assertion `panel_client != ((void *)0)` failed."

"** CRITICAL **: file applet-widget.c: line 708 (applet_widget_new):
assertion `corbadat!=NULL` failed."

"** ERROR **: Can´t create applet!"

"aborting..."
"Aborted"

At this point I want to send some THANKS to all the great people on
gnome-list@gnome.org who have helped me up to now...

Greetings,
Nils