Re: gnomba

> 1) what is gnomba all about?  does it let me view the machines directories
> currently running samba?

  Gnomba is basically a GUi or frontend to the smbclient at the moment, I
believe.  It scans through a set number of IPs and ceates a list of the
machines running shares(whether they be Samba OR Windows).  You can then
browse the shares, but you can tell it's not done but its a pretty good
program.... I wanna see Corel's network browser though(HAs anyone seen this?)

> 2) whenever i try to view a machine with gmc, no matter which machine i'm
> viewing on my network, i always am returned the contents of the machine
> i'm on.  is there a way to fix this?

  You have to share onto your machine before you can browse it... to do
this you double click on it(then you use gmc to browse it)  I still have
yet to figure out how to get this to work(I prolly need to get my kernel
recompiled and compile in smbmount :-)

> 3) can i view the contents of the windows machine with gnomba?  i've
> shared the C drive out and called it, well, 'C'.

   This was one of the original purposes of the program I believe, so you
wouldn't have to go through the text smbclient

--Brian Sea
sea@umr.eduX