Re: gnome-utils, gnome-pim, control-center and c++ under Solaris

Rasaki Bidemi Bolanle Temidire wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I like GNOME so much on my Linux box that I have decided to bring it to
> my work environment.  At work, i am using a Solaris 2.5.1 machine.  I
> have been able to compile most of the October GNOME components but I
> have run into a couple of problems.
>
> The configure scripts under both gnome-utils and gnome-pim complain that
> my c++ compiler cannot produce any binaries or output of some sort and
> do not complete.  I don't know what the problem is since the other
> packages like gnome-core did not complain about the C++ compiler.  Has
> anyone seen this problem under Solaris?

Yes, if you don't have the sun compilers installed (configure looks for
/usr/ucb/cc).
What is your compiler ? if gcc, (or g++) I believe the variable is CXX. Try

CXX=g++ make

> Secondly, when I run the configure script for control-panel, it
> complains about not finding imlib > 1.8.7.  This is strange because
> all the other packages that I compiled before it seemed to be able to
> find imlib.  any suggestions here?

I didn't get that.

--
Nur der kleine Geist hält Ordnung, das Genie beherrscht das Chaos.
Seuls les petits esprits aiment l'ordre, le génie maitrîse le chaos.