gnome-utils, gnome-pim, control-center and c++ under Solaris

Hi Everyone,

I like GNOME so much on my Linux box that I have decided to bring it to
my work environment.  At work, i am using a Solaris 2.5.1 machine.  I
have been able to compile most of the October GNOME components but I
have run into a couple of problems.

The configure scripts under both gnome-utils and gnome-pim complain that
my c++ compiler cannot produce any binaries or output of some sort and
do not complete.  I don't know what the problem is since the other
packages like gnome-core did not complain about the C++ compiler.  Has
anyone seen this problem under Solaris?

Secondly, when I run the configure script for control-panel, it
complains about not finding imlib > 1.8.7.  This is strange because
all the other packages that I compiled before it seemed to be able to
find imlib.  any suggestions here?

Thanks in advance.
--
R. Bidemi Temidire