Re: Desk Guide Applet

On 19 Oct, Mike Bond wrote:
+-----
| This may sound like a dumb question, and it may even have been asked
| before, but why has the gnome-pager been rewritten as two separate apps
| rather than be extended to support the new features? Now to get the same
+--->8

I run the task list (minimized apps only) in an auto-hide panel at
the top of the screen and the desk guide in a corner panel at the
bottom.  I used to have to run two copies of the full pager; now I can
run one of each, in their respective locations, using half the memory
compared to the two full copies.

(Now if there were a way for me to suppress the buttons on the Desk
Guide, I'd be happy.  Especially since I've been forced to switch away
from the resizeable panel, grrrr.)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu