Re: Desk Guide Applet

This may sound like a dumb question, and it may even have been asked
before, but why has the gnome-pager been rewritten as two separate apps
rather than be extended to support the new features? Now to get the same
functionality we have to run two apps, both roughly the same size as the
old gnome-pager, not to mention, while there are some new features, some
gnome-pager features aren't in the new apps. Just curious, I realize the
gnome-pager still exists, but it seems that is going to be left by the
wayside at some point and this seems like a giant step sideways instead
of forward. Beyond this complaint, I really like the direction GNOME is
going, it has come a long way in the last few months.

On a separate note, could we have the ability to remove the buttons and
just have the pager? Also, with the current CVS, as of noon on the 18th,
the divide height by number of rows of verticle areas button did not
appear to work.

--
TTFN
MikeB

Application development is a race between software engineers who
try to create fool proof programs and the universe which is trying to
develop superior fools.

	So far, the universe is winning.
	Let's not give it any help...