Re: orbit + solaris

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 allbery@ece.cmu.edu wrote:

> On 19 Oct, Kenneth Gullberg(Centus) wrote:
> +-----
> | I receive weird error messages which screws up the compilation.
> | this is using standard solaris make and i get the same with gnu make..
> |
> | ../../../src/orbit-idl-compiler/orbit-idl
> | Usage: ../../src/orbit-idl-compiler/orbit-idl [-?] [-D ARG] [-I ARG]
> +--->8
>
> Configure ORBit with --disable-indent, or install GNU indent where it
> will be found before SunPro's indent.  (Or was this fixed at some
> point?  I don't think so.)

Nothing to do with indent at all. It's not getting passed a filename
because the Makefile used $^, which only GNU make handles.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.