Re: Question about Gnome 1.0.5 FTP site

On 15 Oct 1999 14:35:17 -0400, Sean Murphy <murphy@erim-int.com> wrote:
>I'm getting ready to download the October Gnome release and am a little
>confused about the files I am finding in the 1.0.5 directory.

If you mean the 1.0.50 directory, that's not the right directory to be using
- please get the latest stuff from gnome-1.0.53.

1.0.50 was a beta version.

>There are several that appear to be duplicates of each other, but one
>has a '1' at end.
>For example:
>    libxml10-1.0.0-2.i386.rpm.1
>    libxml10-1.0.0-2.i386.rpm
>
>Which one should I download?  They have same date/time/size, so I'm
>assuming I don't need both.  Are they the exact same file so it doesn't
>matter which one?

This is probably a wget overlap or somesuch. It doesn't matter since you
shouldn't download from that directory anyways. :)

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.