Re: MIME and metadata stuff

On 16 Oct 1999 12:52:05 -0400, Bruce Stephens <bruce@cenderis.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I'm sure I used to be able to drag a link from Netscape Navigator to
>the desktop, and get a usable link there (courtesy of gmc).
>
>That doesn't work any more: I get an icon with a random name
>(beginning with "url", so it *knows*), and the file contains the right
>URL.  Double clicking on such icons doesn't visit that URL.
>
>So, presumably there's some set up that's not present on my machine.
>How do I fix it?  Alternatively, where do I read about all this stuff,
>so I can work out for myself what's wrong?

If you do 'rm ~/.gnome/metadata.db' does it start to work again? This might
be corrupted metadata or something.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.