Gnome Install order?

I have one more question, this time about the install order of Gnome
stuff.  I've downloaded all the 1.0.5 RPM's, but I remember seeing
people having problems 'cause they didn't try to build/install them in
the right order.  After searching the gnome-list messages, people said
not to follow the order in the FAQ (becuase it was out-of-date) and to
be sure to follow order that was in the Gnome 1.0.4 release README
file.  Unfortunately, the 1.0.4 release isn't what is on the Gnome
servers anymore and the README that is in the 1.0.5 directory says the
following:

Welcome to the GNOME ftp site.

If you are want to download GNOME, please goto
http://www.gnome.org/gnome-1.0
and follow the instructions there for your flavor of Linux.

Here is a rough site map for this ftp server:

gnome-1.0/      GNOME 1.0 binary releases
sources/        GNOME source tarballs
RHAD/           Updates to the GNOME packages from Red Hat Linux 6.0

This obviously doesn't help much!  Anyone know where I can find the
correct order to update my stuff?