Re: Integrate VMware and Gnome

On 14-Oct-99 Miles Lane wrote:
> It seems to me that Open Source Software developers should
> care about interoperating well with both open and closed source
> software products.  I have heard a lot of good things about VMWare
> and I think it's bad form to snub a request for interoperability
> information.  Of course, it would be delightful if they wanted to
> open up key parts of their source code using LGPL.  Then we could
> attack the interoperability for both sides.
>
>         Miles

        As a user of GNOME software, I agree. There's also another
issue here - why do you guys want to take on the responsibility for
debugging our code? Give us the tools to figure it out for ourselves,
and you can worry about the stuff that you _have_ to worry about,
like making GNOME better.

Date: 14-Oct-99  Time: 11:10:24

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor