Re: Window Manager

+++ Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 10:28:41AM -0400 +++
Ben FrantzDale e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> > +++ Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 10:26:35AM +0300 +++
> > Ali Abdin e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> > > I'm in the same position kind of - I decided I wanna try to work with
> > > sawmill - supposedly its lightweight, I'm also gonna download a few
> > > themes for it to play with - and those are /TINY/ size (40K themes as
> > > opposed to Enlightenment's multi-MB themes).
> >
> > You're downloading the wrong themes, there are Enlightenment themes
> > smaller than 100 kB and still fully functional.
>
> I just finished updating an E 16 theme (minEguE) In order to make it fully
> complient, it ended up being about 500K They can be less, but it is now
> recomended that the themes have widgets for dialogs, pagers, epplets, etc.
> so the theme size has gone up quite a bit. Still, there is no reason for a
> theme to be over 1MB unless it has something special about it (like huge
> images, backgrounds, sounds, etc.)

I'm talking about themes such as Cakewoman, which is graphically
absolutely minimalistic, still very pretty and only about 60 kB. It
hasn't got epplet imageclasses, though. Otherwise, it's completely. I
recommend it -- very nice to your eyes. :)

> I'm loving E :-)

I do, too. But I've given up to try and learn the subtle science of
making E themes. I leave that to others until E becomes stable and
there is a standard specification for themes. Maybe even that
graphical IDE for themes will get done that Rasterman promised us
around 0.14 or 0.15...

mawa
--
Gizzards Cove, Tennessee  |  Bugtussle, Texas        |  Looneyville,
Zu Zu, Tennessee          |  Chocolate Bayou, Texas  |  Texas