Re: Magellan, the KDE e-mail integrated system

Yes, you're right, a Gnome roadmap should be followed,
not a KDE's one.
Yet, I only sent this e-mail because it's allways good
to check the competition. Many times they have good
ideas that we can implement.

Eduardo

http://www.kdeforum.org/news/Stuff/magellan/magellan/magellan-welcome.jpg

> > Gnome has very good hackers who have done a great
> job on creating a
> > Desktop Environment. But I think that the biggest
> disadvantage of
> > Gnome is it's organization, or lack of. Maybe
> Gnome hackers should
> > look at Linux's organization model, or KDE's, or
> other free software
> > project's, and come up with one for them. Maybe
> you could have a big
> > brainstorming on it the next time you all(well,
> most of) meet on the
> > next Linux/Whatever Expo.
>
> We can either start to play a "do whatever KDE does"
> game or we can
> continue to follow the roadmap that already exists.
> The latter alternative
> is much more likely to be more successful at
> producing polished results.
>
> -- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
> The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that
> any program is by far
> more complex than his own mind. Thats why he
> partitions it into neat
> pieces and avoids complexity.

=====
POLI:Projecto Português de Documentação do Linux
http://www.poli.org